My own corner where I put my thoughts, likes, projects and anything else that might come up in the near future.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Hiccups (Cop Story Production Update)



Something that I am always having a difficult time with, especially as director, is maintaining control.  Over the course of the previous year I have gained experience and knowledge in many aspects of the production process.  I have come to realize that control really is just this nice little illusion that we give ourselves.  Without bringing into question of a higher being overseeing the world or something like that, it can be hard for me to justify all of the accidents and happenstances as pure coincidence. Either way, the most I can do is be prepared and hope for the best.  That's all you really can do. Besides, you don't want everything to be smooth sailing all the way through, where's the fun in that?

I mean, there are some things you can try to anticipate and work around.  But then sometimes it can just rain and rain and rain.

Cop Story's first day of filming had to be postponed because of, you guessed it, weather. It's all, anticipated, clear skies here on out, though.  Principal photography is set to begin tonight at 9:30pm and I couldn't be more excited and nervous and anxious.

It is nerve racking.

So, so, so, so nerve racking.

But...


I love it.


Until next time!

No comments: